Saturday, August 30, 2014

how I torture myself at the gym.

Since I had to stop crossfitting, I was getting really lazy in the gym. Planet Fitness is cheap but it ain't no Crossfit Manayunk. I would go in, do some abs, maybe run, maybe squat, and then leave from boredom. One day my friend had text me asking what I was up to and I told him I was at the gym. However, when I told him what I did he was not happy with me and I ended up in his living room that night getting told to do burpees, wall sits, and jumping lunges. He told me that if I wanted him to, that he would make me a full body workout routine that we would use for 4 weeks and then he would make a new one the following month. Best. Dude. Ever. I guess that is a perk of being friends with a gym rat/lacrosse player.

I'm on my second week now and I think that it is going great. I love that every day is different and works out different areas of my body. I include cardio before and after each of these workouts and definitely a lot of stretching before, during, and after! I hope that this can help someone else out there who has no self motivation in the gym. Although he isn't physically at the gym with me, I know that I am making him proud by showing up and pushing myself to do the best I can. Since this is only a 5 day cycle, you have some rest days or you can go all in and get yourself to the gym on those extra days. I want to find some classes around Manayunk that I can get to so I can mix it up some. Zumba, hot yoga, barre classes, anything. As long as I'm moving, I'm happy!

Day 1
Dumbbell Bench Press
4x5/4/3/10 (4 sets: 1 at 5, 1 at 4...etc.)
Dumbbell Arnold Press
4x10
Tricep Dips with Lateral Raises
4x10

Day 2
Back Squat
4x5/4/3/10 (The heavier the better!)
Dumbbell Thrusters
4x10
Dumbbell Reverse Lunge
4x10
Calf Raises
4x12

Day 3
Pull-Ups
4x5/4/3/10
Dumbbell Single Arm Row
4x12
Incline Dumbbell Curl
4x10
Crossbody Dumbbell Curl
4x8
Pronated Curl
4x8

Day 4
Incline Dumbbell Bench
4x12
Tricep Push Down
4x10
Tricep Dip
4x10
Push-Ups
4x10

Day 5
Roman Deadlift
4x10
Squat Jumps
4x15
Incline Sit-Ups
4x12
Cable Twists
4x12

No comments:

Post a Comment